Senior Staff Accountant
Rio Rancho, NM 87144 US
The Senior Staff Accountant provides vital accounting support to the Accounting Manager. This role involves recording and maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly financial transactions while adhering to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting policies. The Senior Staff Accountant will primarily focus on general ledger activities, month-end closings, account reconciliations, and preparing accurate financial reports.
$65K + benefits
- Health (70% - 80% of premiums are employer paid)
- Dental (70% - 80% of premiums are employer paid)
- Vision (70% - 80% of premiums are employer paid)
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
- 401K with Safe Harbor Match with vesting schedule
- Issuing accounts payable checks and posting cash disbursements accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reconciling bank statements to ensure accurate financial records.
- Conducting balance sheet reconciliations to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Preparing journal entries to record financial transactions accurately.
- Reconciling credit card and travel expenses to ensure proper documentation and adherence to policies.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of Health and Welfare accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance is preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting experience, demonstrating proficiency in financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, including advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, and SUMIFS. Familiarity with other general office software.
- Onsite, Rio Rancho, NM
- Monday - Friday
- Direct Hire
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates. She now focuses on managing the firm bu still recruits because she enjoys it so much.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family, friends, and fur babies, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her! Her pronouns are she/her and she invites you to share yours.