Santa Fe, NM
This small but busy plaintiff personal injury firm is looking for a paralegal to join their team. This position primarily assists a trial attorney but offers additional support to two additional attorneys along with two paralegals. This is a great opportunity for a recent paralegal graduate to learn from this experienced staff. Support this team while they bring justice to those who have suffered harm at the hands of insurance companies, product manufacturers, and the health care industry. They work in medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, product liability, wrongful death, and catastrophic injuries.
Type of Employment
- Preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents for attorneys.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, wills, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Assisting with interview clients regarding their injuries
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data.
- Assisting in preparing settlement demands
- Intelligent, effective communication skills, proactive approach
- Deadline driven, highly organized
- Previous paralegal experience or recent paralegal studies graduate