Santa Fe, NM
Our client, a prestigious, long-standing law firm with offices in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Phoenix, has an opening for a Paralegal to two attorneys in their Civil Litigation and Indian Law practices. This company offers excellent benefits! We are looking for a strong paralegal with 5+ years of experience. Previous experience in Indian Law is highly desirable.
- Conducting pre-claim investigation, legal research, and initial case assessments
- Drafting pleadings, motions and appellate documents and filing them with the court
- Performing administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics, etc.)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Help with voir dire, jury selection and witnesses preparation
- Assist with case settlements
- Meet with clients and other professionals
- Assist in real estate matters for native American clients
- Knowledge of, and prior experience in, civil litigation and Indian law
- 5+ years' paralegal and legal secretarial experience
- Degree in Paralegal Studies or Paralegal Certificate preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Trustworthy and discreet
Full time - typically Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm; occasional overtime
Santa Fe, NM
- DOE, $22-30+/hr
- Generous medical/dental/vision insurance after 30 days
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Profit-sharing plan
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Now, seven and half years later, Abby primarily focuses on direct hire and executive search positions and managing the firm. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family and friends, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her!