Santa Fe, NM 87500 US
This Santa Fe law firm is a recent partnership of two well-respected attorneys, and they are looking for a Legal Assistant to add to their growing team. Supporting three attorneys whose focus is family law, estate planning, and litigation, the legal assistant will be responsible for corresponding with all new and current clients, filings with the court, and maintaining the office atmosphere. This role will act as additional support in trials in the management of deadlines and organizing case binders accordingly. To be successful in this position, you’ll need to be able to pivot with ease and thrive in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- $22-26/hour DOE
- Beautiful office
- Team environment
- Downtown onsite parking
- Medical (generous employer contribution), dental, retirement plan all offered upon direct hire.
- Draft various types of documents, including correspondence and pleadings
- Prepare e-filings and court pleadings in federal and local courts
- Document control and case management
- Manage calendar appointments such as depositions, document productions, client meetings, trials, court hearings, and appearances, coordinate travel arrangements as necessary
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain communication with new and current clients
- Process new client requests
- Maintain an organized office appearance and atmosphere
- Performs any other administrative tasks as assigned
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Dropbox, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to follow directions and instructions from senior staff members while working independently as necessary
- Reliable and personable
- Strong customer service skills with clients and colleagues
Employment: Direct Hire
Schedule: Full-time - Mon-Thus. 8:00 am to 5:30 pm & Fridays 8:00 am to 12:00pm
Location: Downtown Santa Fe, NM
Meet Your Recruiter
Gabby Avila is originally from El Paso, Texas but has spent most of her life in Albuquerque, New Mexico. While exercising her passion for the arts of culinary, she ran her own restaurant while attending Bellevue University for her BA in Business Management. She has an admirable background in sales, customer service, and administration, making her an excellent addition to the team.
Gabby primarily focuses on staffing and recruiting for our Temp and Temp-to-Hire Division. She finds connecting individuals with the right opportunities that utilize their abilities to be most fulfilling.
When not uniting New Mexico’s talent with top-notch employers, Gabby spends her spare time with her family and fur babies. She loves the outdoors all year round, enjoying nature’s beauty with her fiancé, camping, off-roading, and white-water rafting.