Human Resources Director
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Our client, located in Santa Fe, NM, is a world-class museum representing one of the most important artists of the 20th Century. We are conducting a search for a Human Resources Manager to continue to cultivate and maintain an environment that makes this Museum highly desirable as a workplace through proven HR practices and innovative approaches to employee engagement. Our ideal candidate is a strategic partner with the expertise and experience to recommend, develop, and implement human resource strategies, policies, and practices to ensure the museum meets its strategic objectives and goals with a committed, talented, collaborative and productive workforce. We are looking for a dynamic, capable, engaging HR professional to manage the following functions:
Staffing and Recruiting Management
- Works with Director to review staffing levels, organizational design, and reporting responsibilities
- Develops special reports regarding benefit costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc.
- Defines procedures for recruitment of staff and support hiring manager through the entire process
- Evaluate and maintain job descriptions as needed
Organization and Employee Development
- Works with Leadership Team to align HR initiatives to assure that leaders and supervisors have the right skills and behaviors to move the Museum forward as a pre-eminent institution
- Assures an effective performance management system is in place and that supervisors are conducting frequent performance reviews with their staff and establishing and reviewing goals
- Analyzes employee development needs, then organizes and schedule appropriate training
- Facilitates effective communication among all staff. Guides managers and employees on problem-solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and litigation avoidance
- Diversity, Ethics & Sustainability
- Ensures that the Museum’s culture demands ethical behavior through training, coaching, and policy, using the Museum’s Code of Ethics, mission, and values, as the core principles
- Working with Director and Board, as appropriate, disciplines employees who violate the Museum’s ethics standards or the law
- Maintains compliance with federal and state employment regulations
Employee Relations and Support
- Maintains procedures for document employment actions
- Provides expertise in employer-employee relations, supporting desired organizational culture. Directly handles employee relations complaints and investigations or refers out, as needed
- Conducts exit interviews to determine trends and issues in organizational and leadership effectiveness.
- Monitors and responds to unemployment claims and manages appeals.
- Works with supervisors and employees who are covered by Worker’s Compensation to assure proper reporting, care, and necessary accommodations of employees, to minimize loss of work time and distress to staff.
- Monitors workers’ compensation claims, provides incident reports to insurance carrier, maintains records and coordinates information between employee and supervisor. Ensures compliance with regulations and filing requirements.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Assures that the Museum’s compensation philosophy supports the vision, values, and strategies of the Museum
- Conducts salary survey reviews and utilizes data to recommend wages and salaries
- Works with Director of Finance to evaluate benefit plans annually and recommends benefit revisions, balancing needs of the workforce against financial resources available
- Performs additional duties, either incidental or implied, consistent with the job and emerging HR responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or HR related course work preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in HR, which includes work at a strategic level
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Well-developed interpersonal and both speaking and writing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, and planning and organizational skills
- Must have strong computer skills, including Excel
- Evidence of the ability to positively influence others, to negotiate effectively and to inspire others to work as team players
- Previous experience working with a Board of Directors desirable
Santa Fe, New Mexico
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life and Disability Insurance
403(b) Retirement Plan (4% match after year 1)
Four weeks' accruable Paid Time Off (PTO) in year 1
11 paid holidays
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Now, seven and half years later, Abby primarily focuses on direct hire and executive search positions and managing the firm. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family and friends, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her!