Head of Family Office
Santa Fe, NM 87500 US
We are seeking an experienced Head of Family Office to support this family office. This role requires efficiency, professionalism, confidentiality, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Head of Family Office will manage a variety of personal and business activities including financial, legal, insurance, tax, household, and various philanthropic issues for the family and related entities.
- $130-200K DOE
- Paid Vacation & Sick Pay & Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance 100% employer paid
- 401(k) safe harbor contribution
- Manage the family office and supervise the Assistant/Bookkeeper
- Ensure all individual, trust, non-profit, and other entity financial transactions and accounting duties are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Manage third-party relationships to facilitate tax preparation and planning, including estimate tax calculations and payments.
- Manage third-party relationships to facilitate investment, philanthropic, and estate planning services
- Manage payment of private investment capital calls and preparation of subscription documents for new private investments
- Coordinate directly with Family Members and others to manage family affairs
- Supervise management and accounting of domestic and foreign real properties
- Work with residential household staff, vendors, and outside property managers
- Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of directly related previous experience
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm, or family office
- Knowledge of investment portfolios and analysis
- Prior office management and accounting experience
- Fluency with accounting software and Microsoft 365
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands
- Dependable, detail-oriented, and organized
- Able to perform detailed independent analysis and articulate results
Santa Fe, NM
Type of Employment
- Direct Hire
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates. She now focuses on managing the firm bu still recruits because she enjoys it so much.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family, friends, and fur babies, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her! Her pronouns are she/her and she invites you to share yours.