Santa Fe, NM 87505
Exciting opportunity for Financial Controller of this elite nonprofit focusing on scientific research. If you are a multi-project oriented, analytical accounting professional, excited by chance to work with innovative minds in an evolving environment, apply now!
- Generate timely and reliable monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports and financial statements.
- Prepare reports for those responsible for the management of cost centers and grants/programs, providing interpretation of financial results as needed.
- Oversee and facilitate the management of grants, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Assist with funding agency compliance reports and adhering to governmental and non-profit standards and guidelines in conjunction with FASB, GAAP, and OMB.
- Make journal entries and post transactions including cash receipts, cash disbursements, financial statement adjustments, and investments, and assists in maintaining the fund accounting system.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to underlying detail.
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit, preparation of Form 990, annual ERISA and retirement plan audits, and the indirect cost rate proposal.
- Train and manage accounting support staff and provide for the Finance Office backup of accounts payable, payroll, and financial management functions.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with nonprofit accounting.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles and applications, experience in non-profit accounting including monthly and annual audit cycles, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Strong general ledger orientation in fund accounting environment. Fluent user of Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Possess the ability to think critically and solve problems as well as having excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work on site in Santa Fe.
- Excited and able to work in an evolving, growing organization and embrace employing new technical solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with five years of relevant experience preferred. CPA preferred.
Type of Employment
- Direct Hire
- Typically Monday – Friday, 8-5
- Salary $75-85K DOE + Generous Benefits
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Generous paid time off includes 4 weeks' paid vacation, 12 days' sick leave, 10 paid holidays
- Catered lunches available daily for a minimal cost
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Now, seven and half years later, Abby primarily focuses on direct hire and executive search positions and managing the firm. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family and friends, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her!