Our client, a commercial roofing contractor with 125 employees and more than 40 years in the business, has an immediate opening for Construction Estimator in their Albuquerque office. Join a thriving company that supports the personal and professional development of its employees, many of whom have been with the company for 10, 20, even 30 years!
- Competitive salary ranges up to $120K DOE
- Relocation package
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid gym membership (included in medical plan)
- Comfortable work environment
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, roofing, and project estimating.
- Review project opportunities and determining Pros and Cons as well as suitability for pursuit.
- Prepare bids from architectural drawings, specifications and other pertinent bid documents.
- Prepare Quotations for Negotiated Re-Roofing or Open Bid Re-Roofing from field information.
- Complete take-offs from bid documents to identify labor, material, and time requirements.
- Communicate with Contractors/Owners/Vendors.
- Solicit Material Quotations from manufacturers/suppliers.
- Follow-up and review estimates.
- Maintain good relationships with prime contractors/owners, staff, and manufacturers.
- Order and coordinate receipt of project specific materials.
- Maintain accurate and up to date project files.
- Stay current with industry standards, processes, and techniques.
- Prior experience in construction estimating and roofing.
- Knowledge of MasterFormat® a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications and other bid documents.
- Most project documents are viewed, altered, and distributed electronically - technology proficiency is a must.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam Revu preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to build and foster relationships with co-workers, contractors, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Must be able to pass a pre-hire criminal background check & drug screening.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
Chief Executive Officer and Owner
As Chief Executive Officer and Owner of The Hire Firm, Silas is primarily focused on executive recruitment.
Silas has extensive training and experience as a recruiting consultant. His recent searches include work across a variety of industries, including technology and manufacturing, hospitality and food services, financial services, non-profits, education, gaming, construction, tribal governments, energy, and healthcare, and in the functional areas of human resources, finance and accounting, operations, executive management, customer service, and administration.
Silas holds the SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional) designation from SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, and the SPHR (Senior Professional of Human Resources) from HRCI, the Human Resource Certification Institute. He is also an American Staffing Association designated CSP (Certified Staffing Professional) and holds the PRC, CIR, ACIR, CSSR, and CDR certifications from AIRS, the global leader in recruitment training. Silas has a Master’s Degree in Eastern Philosophy and holds a GB-98 Commercial & Residential General Contracting license and owns New Mexico Labor Co, a staffing agency for general laborers and skilled trades.
Silas is passionate about giving back to his community. He is currently the Board Chair for the Santa Fe Chamber of Commerce and also helping to address Santa Fe’s acute housing shortage through involvement with the Santa Fe Housing Action Coalition. His past volunteer positions include Past President of Rotary Club of Santa Fe Centro, Past President of the Northern New Mexico Human Resources Association, and Commissioner for the City of Santa Fe’s Community Development Commission.
Silas interests are infinite. A life-long learner and athlete, he can usually be found reading or running. Yes, the rumors are true; Silas has completed several 50-mile races and one 100-mile race. He also enjoys spending time with his family, especially his 9-year-old daughter.