Santa Fe, NM 87500 US
The Hire Firm is thrilled to collaborate with this Santa Fe-based nonprofit organization that stands as a nonpartisan champion for New Mexicans, connecting them to their political power to safeguard our air, land, and water. Rooted in its commitment to authentic community and stakeholder engagement in policy work, as well as the promotion of equity, diversity, and inclusion, this organization has ingrained these values into its daily systems, strategies, and practices.
As the Community Membership Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Philanthropy to achieve revenue goals, expand the statewide donor and member base, and enhance engagement among our supporters. Your role will primarily focus on membership engagement and communication, the development and execution of membership drive strategies, and assistance in all aspects of event management.
Compensation and Benefits:
$55,000 to $65,000 + Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (including massage and acupuncture)
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision coverage
- PTO (3 weeks for the first year)
- Additional sick time
- Ten paid holidays
- Bonus paid week off between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Merit-based sabbaticals
- Enjoy a four-day work week
- Set and track member numbers and revenue goals in alignment with the strategic plan. Identify areas for improvement and additional outreach.
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit new recurring donors and retain existing givers at the membership and monthly giving levels. Collaborate with the Director of Philanthropy to attract and retain major donors.
- Manage communication and outreach to member-level and monthly giving donors. Continuously update outreach materials, donor packets, e-blasts, special communications, and newsletters. Develop outreach strategies for major donors in partnership with the Director of Philanthropy.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and implementation. Maintain an internal events calendar with timelines, identify and coordinate with relevant vendors, and manage event communications and outreach to donors and stakeholders.
- Manage administrative responsibilities of the Philanthropy Department, including running donation reports, overseeing gift acknowledgments, and maintaining donation records. Collaborate with finance and accounting to ensure accurate reporting of gifts.
- Oversee day-to-day development operations, aligning with the organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that promote collaboration and respect.
- Initiative and innovative thinking.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage Multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Graphic design skills (preferred).
- Eagerness to learn new skills and engage with issues relevant to the mission.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, maintaining discretion when handling responsibilities.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Experience interacting with donors in a nonprofit environment.
- Event planning and management experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic and intermediate features of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Belief in the importance of political action to protect New Mexico's land, air, water, wildlife, and communities.
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Work Schedule: Four-day work week This position may require the ability to work a non-standard workweek, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Type of Employment: Direct Hire
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at The Hire Firm, and we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates. She now focuses on managing the firm bu still recruits because she enjoys it so much.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family, friends, and fur babies, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her! Her pronouns are she/her and she invites you to share yours.