Chief Financial Officer
Santa Fe, NM 87500 US
This highly respected and impactful non-profit organization is seeking a dynamic and committed Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to enhance our financial management and support our mission of empowering young lives and strengthening families. This pivotal role involves not just overseeing the organization's financial operations but also being a champion for social change. By applying your expertise in finance, you will play a crucial role in transforming the lives of youth and families in need and help shape a more compassionate and resilient New Mexico.
$80K +/- & Benefits
- Competitive relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
- Comprehensive benefits package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Employer Paid Life Insurance.
- Continuous training opportunities and a supportive work environment.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program and Earned Sick Leave.
- Financial Leadership: Developing and executing financial strategies that align with the mission, overseeing budgeting, financial planning, and forecasting to support programmatic goals and ensure long-term sustainability.
- Financial Reporting: Preparing accurate financial reports, statements, and analyses for the Board of Directors, executive leadership, and external stakeholders, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and accounting standards.
- Risk Management: Identifying and mitigating financial risks, establishing internal controls, and implementing sound financial policies and procedures to protect the organization's assets.
- Collaborative Leadership: Working closely with the executive team to provide financial insights that support decision-making and promote a culture of financial transparency, accountability, and teamwork.
- Grants Management: Overseeing grant funding, ensuring compliance and alignment with programmatic objectives, and proper resource utilization.
- Strategic Planning: Playing a key role in strategic planning, assessing financial implications, and guiding resource allocation to achieve organizational goals.
- High integrity in handling diverse cultures and confidential information.
- Sensitivity to the socioeconomic characteristics of the population served, with a commitment to empowerment and belief in the capacity for growth and change.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Three to five years of accounting experience, with a preference for non-profit accounting experience.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks job and class reporting preferred.
- Proficiency in general accounting practices, project management, planning, and budgeting.
- Excellent teamwork and independent management skills.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and various data entry software, with a willingness to learn new systems.
- Exceptional communication skills, including listening, mediation, writing, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Experience with grants accounting
- Previous experience government contract accounting practices desirable
Santa Fe, Onsite
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from Pennsylvania, Abby Dietz moved to Santa Fe from Northern Virginia/DC Metro area in 2011. She joined The Hire Firm in a temporary role but fit the culture so well we decided to keep her! Her strong background in sales, customer service, and executive administrative skills was the perfect blend for a staffing and recruiting professional. Abby has a fantastic ability to quickly understand clients’ needs and match those needs with talented candidates. She now focuses on managing the firm bu still recruits because she enjoys it so much.
Abby is a living success story for temporary and temp-to-hire opportunities and has obtained three long-term, rewarding positions in her career that started as temporary or temp-to-hire. She believes in what we do and knows first-hand how being open and flexible can lead to great opportunities. She would love to share her story with anyone who is curious about it!
When she’s not working, she enjoys recharging on backpacking trips, spending time with family, friends, and fur babies, and taking classes on whatever is currently of interest to her! Her pronouns are she/her and she invites you to share yours.